8/3/07

And so it begins...

Today Teresa gave me the grand tour of Zimmerman and I had the first of my scheduled meetings.

The meeting with Dena from the Fine Arts Library also included a tour of the library, a discussion about the new building, and an introduction to the staff who managed to make it to Friday. They seem pretty interested in having me spend more time at the Fine Arts Library, since I have experience working in that type of library. Also, Dena mentioned that UNM will be getting ARTstor soon. Woo-hoo!

The second meeting was with Dave from circulation. We talked about which people I should shadow in his department and how long I should spend with each person. I learned a lot about consortia and how that works and he said he could tell me more about it the next time we meet and that I might be able to come with him to one of the meetings.

Finally, I worked a little on a spreadsheet for Teresa. I'm so not sure if it turned out anything like she needed. Hope so, but it was kind of confusing.

Until next week...

No comments: