8/16/07

Free Ice Cream Makes Any Day Great

Whew, today was pleasantly less full than yesterday. I was starting to notice that there is no possible way to keep most of the meetings to just one hour. People have so much to say once you get them started. So after tomorrow (which will be crazy) I've started scheduling coffee breaks and meetings for at least 2 hours or giving myself some bumper time in between meetings. At least most days.

First thing this morning I met with Steven from circulation. I was really surprised how prepared he was. He even had a little sheet with a list of things he wanted to cover. I learned how to place a hold, process the holds, check books in and out, and how to work the Pharos machines.

At 10 I had my regular meeting with Teresa, which is always nice.

Then there was the free ice cream at the Fine Arts Library. Yum!

Then back to circulation to practice what Steven had taught me and to learn about guest cards with Mark.

At 3 I went to my first ZPS meeting where we discussed Mr. Jäger and his company, Absolut. I knew I liked this library.

Then I had my meeting with Martha. We talked about many different things, but mostly our observations as new people to the library. She seemed really interested in having me shadow her, and said that she would see if there were administrative meetings that I could sit in on with her. I don't think Sarah got the chance to do that, so I asked her if she would want to go too and she said she would, so hopefully Martha can sneak us both in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.