8/23/07

The Juggernaut that is the Pack Back

Today I started off with my regular meeting with Teresa. I always think I don't have anything to talk about until I show up in her office and then I somehow take up the entire hour.

Next, I met with Kathleen, who showed me how she maintains the reference section and processes new reference materials. Then we went for free pizza (I'm really going to miss welcome back days!) and after I shadowed her on the reference desk for about an hour. We had one kind of tough question. A guy wanted to know which movies were playing at the Spanish theater in Santa Fe in the 40s. Since all of the microfilm of the Albuquerque and Santa Fe newspapers from that period are in Texas, we tried the Center and they had a few from Santa Fe and Kathleen suggested that he try the public library for the Albuquerque papers.

While I was at the reference desk, Dan came by to see if I wanted to go to the Gale training. The session was pretty informative, but I mostly learned not to sit next to Dan at instruction sessions. :)

We had to leave early to go to the ZPS meeting, where we talked about the pack back and everything that is going to happen in the next couple months. The pack back is taking over everyone's brains right now.

After the meeting, I had my last session with Clay. I really enjoyed billing. It was kind of nice to be able to clear fines and add money back to people's accounts.

No comments: